Volunteering for Freeman Arts Pavilion, whether at our open-air performing arts venue or as part of our Arts Access Initiative, is a rewarding and inspired way to support the values, purpose and the mission of the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation.
We maintain an extensive volunteer program to help provide operational support for the programs of the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation. Each year, more than 250 volunteers contribute their time, talent and energy and provide vital support to serve more than 60,000 patrons who frequent the venue each season.
In 2021, we hosted the inaugural season at Freeman Arts Pavilion while continuing to adhere to public health guidelines. 260 enthusiastic individuals helped us deliver exceptional arts experiences for our community and contributed more than 18,000 volunteer hours to the 66 performances that comprised our 2021 season. Volunteers also donated more than 2,000 hours safely assembling more than 30,000 Creative Nourishment Art Kits for our Arts Education and Community Access programs. The impact of volunteer service is felt far and wide in our organization and we are grateful for each person and hour donated that help us fulfill our mission.
Are you interested in joining us in 2022? Here are the expectations for volunteers:
- New volunteer applicants are screened to ascertain their suitability for and interest in volunteering.
- New volunteers must attend one in-person spring orientation session.
- All volunteers commit to working a minimum of 40 hours in a calendar year.
- As part of the 40-hour commitment, volunteers commit to two free performances or non-stage events such as venue set-up, arts in education programs or fundraising events.
- Student volunteers are also welcome!
- Students who are 16 years of age or older, or approved by the Volunteer Coordinator, are eligible to apply for the program.
- Student volunteers commit to volunteer a minimum of 25 hours in a calendar year, with 8 of those hours volunteering for free or non-stage events.
CLICK HERE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THE 2022 VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM
Check out our latest Volunteer Newsletter below, with the current program highlights!
Volunteer Voice - November 2021Download
Volunteer Voice - September 2021Download
Volunteer Voice - June 2021Download
Volunteer Voice - April 2021Download
Volunteer Voice - February 2021Download
Better Impact Volunteer Log In