Volunteering for Freeman Arts Pavilion, whether at our open-air performing arts venue or as part of our Arts Access Initiative, is a rewarding and inspired way to support the values, purpose and the mission of the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation.
We maintain an extensive volunteer program to help provide operational support for the programs of the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation. Each year, more than 250 volunteers contribute their time, talent and energy and provide vital support to serve more than 60,000 patrons who frequent the venue each season.
Even in 2020 when we were required to reimagine the Freeman Arts Pavilion experience to accommodate public health considerations, 97 enthusiastic volunteers contributed 2,800 volunteer hours to the 49 performances that comprised our "Special Season of the Arts." We ended the season with a 100% safety record, including the staff, performers, volunteers and 11,000 patrons who were able to enjoy a broad range of musical acts, from rock and pop tribute bands, Broadway stars and country, to opera/symphonic music and Motown.
Are you interested in joining us in the future? Here are the expectations for volunteers:
- New volunteer applicants are screened to ascertain their suitability for and interest in volunteering.
- New volunteers must attend one in-person spring orientation session.
- All volunteers commit to working a minimum of 40 hours in a calendar year.
- As part of the 40-hour commitment, volunteers commit to two free performances or non-stage events such as venue set-up, arts in education programs or fundraising events.
- Student volunteers are also welcome!
- Students who are 16 years of age or older, or approved by the Volunteer Coordinator, are eligible to apply for the program.
- Student volunteers commit to volunteer a minimum of 25 hours in a calendar year, with 8 of those hours volunteering for free or non-stage events.
Click here to add your name to the 2021 Volunteer Interest Form
Check out our latest Volunteer Newsletter below, with the current program highlights!